Shuttlers hopes that every trip booked through the app is completed without any issues, however, we acknowledge that sometimes your trip may not go as expected.
Where a trip does not go as planned, you may share your feedback by rating the trip or contacting our customer experience team on the app through the live chat feature, highlighting what went wrong with the trip. Sometimes, these issues may be covered by our Refund Policy.
When is a user eligible for a full refund?
- When the user changes his/her mind about embarking on the trip and cancels the trip at least 1 hour before the trip is scheduled to begin, an automatic refund is made to the user’s wallet.
- Where there is a breakdown in the course of the trip and a buffer is not provided to complete the trip.
- Where the user is at the appropriate pick up location and is left behind by the bus.
- Where the user does not board due to a delayed pick-up exceeding 30 minutes.
When is a user eligible for a partial refund?
- Where there is a breakdown and a buffer is provided, the user is eligible for a 20% refund for the inconvenience caused.
- Where there is a mechanical issue such as the loss of air conditioning in the course of the trip, the user is eligible for a 30% refund for the inconvenience caused.
- Where the user is dropped off at the wrong drop off location, 20% refund for the inconvenience caused.
When is a user NOT eligible for a refund?
- Where a user cancels or requests to cancel his/her trip when the trip is scheduled to commence less than 1 hour after the cancellation request, or cancellation was made.
- Where the user is left behind after the allotted 2 minute wait time and he/she is a no show at the pick-up location.
- Where the user is left behind because he/she is at a location different from where he/she has entered on the app as his/her pick up location.
BANK ACCOUNT REFUNDS
Payments made into a user’s wallet connotes a final non-refundable sale for future trips to be taken on the Shuttlers app. However, there are exceptions where a refund to a user’s bank account can be processed.
- Where a user’s preferred route is not yet available on the Shuttlers itinerary.
- Where the user will no longer be resident in a Shuttlers city.
Charge for bank account refunds
Refund to a user’s bank account is subject to a 5% charge which will be deducted from the total sum to be refunded to the account.
All Shuttlers wallet refund requests submitted to our customer experience team on email@example.com or via the in-app live chat are resolved within 24 hours of escalation.
Shuttlers will investigate all refund requests. Reporting a false experience about a trip shall result in the user’s refund request not being processed.
Time limits for Refund
Shuttlers will process refunds within 3-5 business days from days after the refund request has been approved. The refund shall be processed and made to the account information provided at the time of processing the said refund.